Blogging can be a great eye-opening experience whether you want to create one for a business, your personal life, a hobby, or just to rant about life’s happenings. You can do this in just a few simple steps and be on your way using WordPress. After you create your blog…
YOU can use the following tips to create a successful blog and social media strategy for yourself.
Be Active – Think Quality over Quantity. You don’t necessarily need to be active on every single social media site. Pick and choose the ones that you want to be active in and feel that you can build your following on.
- Identify your brand image and message early on in your blogging. This way followers know who you and what you are trying to accomplish early on.
- Identify your Target Audience – make a list of potential audiences that you can appeal to through your services. For example a photographer’s target audience could include, A newly engaged couple, a pet lover, or a mom.
- Become a Resource – Create content that adds value to not only your blog but your industry as a whole. While also creating content that is meaningful to you.
- Develop a Schedule – No I don’t mean set an alarm on your phone and make sure you blog or tweet at the same time every Friday. Just be consistent. For instance when first starting your blog, make it a habit to post to your blog once a week. After getting used to posting once a week for a few weeks it will be easier to increase your blog activity.
- Be Personable – Make sure you don’t sound like a machine just producing posts. Let your audience know who you are, see the real you not just the blogger you.
- Engage with your audience. When they comment on your posts be sure to respond to questions or just thank them for their kind words. I find it easier to try and check my blog daily for comments so I can respond quickly. Your audience doesn’t want to wait for an answer. If they have to wait too long they won’t come back in the future.
BUT above all else have fun with it! If you don’t have fun your audience isn’t going to have fun!